Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Guelder Rose Fairy: Finish

I'm still playing catch up so I have another finish to share with you today! This is a gorgeous fairy that I stitched up for a Spring challenge. I am seriously in love with this design!


She is from an older issue of  The World of Cross Stitching magazine.  I'm sorry I do not know the issue number.  I ripped it out of a magazine I found at the thrift store because I didn't need to keep the entire magazine.  It was designed by DMC based off the artwork of Cicely Mary Barker who has a big series of flower fairies.

I stepped outside of the box with this design.  This kind of design is not one I would normally stitch, even though it is so pretty.  I'm so glad I did because she's so lovely.


 I really like the subtle shading in her skin and dress.  




This chart has a little bit of everything really; full crosses, half stitches, backstitch and gobs of french knots in the center of the flower!


The backstitching really defined the design as well. I love the little details of her face. 


So there she is, my little fairy.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it just yet but I think she's be very pretty stretched over a canvas, but we'll see.  


'Til next time!

2 comments:

ALICE MARGAUX said...

This so lovely, I like the fairies from Cicely Mary Barker very much. Years ago I stitch the rose fairy. Sunny Greetings from New Orleans, Alice

Justine said...

What a beautiful design. I love the way the flower is part backstitched. Really pretty.